When the original BaByliss Big Hair launched, it revolutionised the way that we could do our hair at home. No longer did we have to head to the salon for a big, bouncy blow-dry when we could use this heated revolving brush that gave us Kate Middleton-worthy curls in minutes. The new Big Hair feels and looks the same but incorporates a Diamond Radiance Shine System that offers better heat protection and leaves the hair looking shinier and smoother.
Here’s our review of the BaByliss Diamond Radiance Big Hair Dual Air Styler.
- Two interchangeable brush head sizes for volume, bounce, and shine
- 50mm barrel for adding volume, body, and shape
- 42mm barrel for shorter styles, layers, and fringes
- Secure locking system to lock the barrel brush heads into place
- Select mixture of soft bristles for superior smoothness and shine
- Ionic frizz-controller for superior smoothness
- Diamond infused ceramic barrel
- Two heat settings
- Cool setting
- Two rotation speeds for total control
- Multi-directional spinning brush
- Protective bristle covers
- 5m swivel cord
- 2-year manufacturer guarantee
What’s in the box?
- BaByliss Diamond Big Hair Dual Air Styler with 2.5m swivel cord
- 50mm brush head attachment
- 42mm brush head attachment
- Protective bristle covers
- Information booklet
The BaByliss Diamond Radiance Big Hair Dual Air Styler combines the award-winning rotating brush with the Diamond Radiance shine system for a flawless and smooth blow dry finish – all in the comfort of your own home.
With diamond infused ceramic and active ionic conditioners to calm frizz and add shine, the styler comes with two interchangeable and replaceable brush heads in two barrel sizes (50mm and 42mm) for styling different hair lengths, from long layers to fringes.
The select mixture of soft bristles, combined with active ionic conditioners and the diamond infused ceramic barrel gives instant frizz-control for visibly smoother hair with a healthy shine.
There are two heats plus a cool setting on the Babyliss Diamond Radiance Dual Air Styler to give you total control when using the hair tool. Slide the ‘on/off’ switch to the first position to select the cool setting ‘*’, the second position for the low heat ‘I’, and the third position for the high heat ‘II’.
Diamond Radiance Shine System
The Diamond Radiance Shine System combines luxuriously smooth diamond infused ceramic with active ionic conditioners to transform the hair, resulting in ultimate smoothness, adding brilliant healthy shine, calming frizz, and leaving hair beautifully silky soft.
There are two rotation speed settings on the dual air styler. To make the brush head rotate, press the buttons marked < and >, this will make the brush head rotate clockwise and anti-clockwise. When the appliance is set on the high heat setting the brush head rotation will be faster. When the appliance is set on the low heat setting the brush head rotation will be slower. Use the rotating brush feature to create styles with gorgeous volume, shape, and shine. When the appliance is used on the cool setting, the brush head will not rotate.
Perfect for creating that salon-perfect blow-dry look, use the BaByliss Diamond Big Hair Dual to create soft waves, movement, and gentle flicks in your hair. The professional tool helps you to create salon-worthy hair at home and without the expense of heading to the hairdressers. Thanks to diamond technology and active ionic conditioners you’re left with soft, supple hair that’s frizz free and has a luxurious shine.
You’re going to fall in love with the BaByliss Diamond Shine Big Hair Dual Air Styler from the moment you use it.
- 50mm barrel for adding volume, body and shape
- 42mm barrel for shorter styles, layers and fringes
New to the Babyliss Diamond Range is the Heated Smoothing Brush, a unique design that gives you silky smooth straightness with visible shine.
The heated ceramic design straightens your hair as you brush, while the flexible taming bristles and detangling combs give gentle grip, tension, and control.
- Heated smoothing brush
- Simply brush hair for shiny, smooth hair
- Heated fins straighten as you brush
- Gently grips hair for tension and control
- Diamond infused ceramic finish
- Ionic frizz-control removes static
- 3 heat settings: 180°C, 190°C, 200°C
- Advanced ceramics for fast heat up and maintain consistent temperature
- Automatic safety shut-off
- 3m swivel cord
- Comes with heat protection mat, glove and storage pouch
- Three-year guarantee
Get smooth, shiny locks instantly with the Babyliss Diamond Heated Smoothing Brush. It’s an easy-to-use hair tool, that will get your hair looking healthy with natural volume in a flash.
Smooth each strand from root to tip with the heated ceramic straightening fins, this combined with the super ionic conditioners of the Diamond Radiance technology will give you visibly shiny, silky hair.
Shop the Babyliss Diamond Heated Smoothing Brush RRP £80
- Simply brush for fast, easy smoothness with visible shine.
- Perfect for straightening kinky or frizz-prone hair without flattening.
How to create volume and body in your hair using the BaByliss Diamond Radiance Air Styler
- For added lift, hold the brush close to the roots for a few seconds. Move the brush through the section, start to rotate the brush away from your head by pressing and holding the appropriate button. Move the brush away from the head in an upwards motion.
- As you do this, resist the rotation of the brush by pulling the brush downwards. This will create tension through the section of hair.
- To release the section, press and hold the opposite rotation button to unwind the hair section. It may take several attempts to perfect this technique, if the brush spins too quickly, simply release the rotation button and remove from the hair.
- To define layers and give shape to styles. Rotate the brush through the section, as you reach the ends of the hair, resist the rotation and spin the brush through the ends.
- For maximum volume, place the brush at the end of the hair section and allow the brush to rotate up the hair section by pressing and holding the appropriate rotate button. Wind the entire section of hair around the barrel until you reach the root. Release the rotating button and then hold the brush in the hair for a few seconds.
- Always place the protective shield over brush heads to protect the bristles.
Protective bristle covers
After every use, always ensure the protective cover is placed over the brush head. This protects the bristles from damage. When placing the protective cover over the brush head, ensure to line it up with the grooves around the top of the air styler so it slides easily into place. If placed on incorrectly it may be difficult to remove.
Top tips for using your Babyliss Diamond Radiance Air Styler
- The 50mm brush is perfect for styling longer hair lengths whilst the 42mm brush is perfect for short layers and fringes.
- If you have long or thick hair, you may find it quicker and easier to use a hairdryer first, to rough dry your hair and remove the excess moisture. For added volume, turn your head upside down as you dry.
- Once the hair is 80% dry, you should start to create your style using the styler.
Interchangeable Brush Heads
- To attach a brush head, place it over the body of the unit and slide it down into position.
- Lock the brush head in place by sliding the switch on the top of the brush to the locked position.
- To remove a brush head, ensure the switch on the top of the brush head is in the open position.
- Gently slide the brush head up and off the unit to remove.
More from Babyliss
The BaByliss Diamond Straightener offers salon performance with Diamond Radiance Shine system, which combines smooth ideal-glide diamond infused ceramic to transform the hair: giving optimum smoothness, combined with the active ionic conditioners that release frizz-controlling ions, hair is healthier looking, visibly smoother and silky soft.
The BaByliss Curl Pods have been uniquely designed to create long-lasting salon curls with the flawless finish we all crave.
They feature an all-in-one design that eliminated the need for any clips or pins for easy styling and secure hold.
They’re easier to use than conventional rollers and less heavy too, so they won’t fall out while you wait for them to work their magic or they won’t cause any neck injuries from added weight of the curlers. Most of all you’ll find they won’t tug on your hair either, a real gripe of heated rollers, which can result in head sore.
Italian made for superior quality, the BaByliss Boutique Salon Power Dryer combines high fashion styling and delivers a professional standard performance.
Speed up your hair regime with this BaByliss hair dryer that delivers salon quality and performance. A premium pick from the label’s Boutique collection, it boasts ultra-fast air speed and a 2400W motor that promises to dry your tresses in no time. What’s more, its slim concentrator nozzle tackles static and frizz to create a smooth, professional-looking finish.
The hairdryer contains ionic technology for smoothness and shine, with a concentrated nozzle included for precise blow drying with a salon finish.
Last update on 2017-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API