If you are looking for the Pretty Little Thing contact number, it can be very difficult to find.
If you are having trouble locating the customer servce team, call the number below and the directory enquiry service can try and connect you.
Calls cost £1.50 per minute plus your phone provider’s access charge. Minimum charge £1.50. Bill payers permission required. This is a Directory Enquiry Service provided by NewVenture2014. Customer Service Number 0333 009 5159. Please note this is not the Pretty Little Thing number.
Pretty Little Thing Opening Hours
|Customer Service||9am-5pm, Monday to Friday|
Pretty Little Thing Head Office
|Department||Head Office Address|
|Head Office||49-51 Dale Street, Manchester, UK, M1 2HF|
Why would I need to use the Pretty Little Thing contact number?
- To request a refund for an item.
- To check when an item will be back in stock.
- To find out about job vacancies.
- To enquire as a supplier.
- To ask about blogger collaboration.
- To track your order.
- To report a late/missing delivery.
- To enquire about becoming an affiliate.
- To make a complaint about the customer service you have experienced.
Pretty Little Thing's collection of women's clothing is updated every day with new pieces. The clothes are always inspired by celebrity fashion or the latest trends, helping customers to keep their look updated. You can purchase:
- Bralets/crop tops
Pretty Little Thing has several options available to customers for delivery. They are as follows:
- UK Saver (3-5 working days)
- UK Collect+ (2-3 working days)
- UK Next Day (Order before 10pm)
- UK Next Day Evening (Order by midnight; delivery between 6pm-10pm)
- Pretty Little Thing Unlimited Next Day (£9.99 for free next day delivery for 12 months)
- European delivery (5-10 working days)
- Rest of World (10-14 days)
Deliveries can be made anytime between 8am and 9pm. If you are not at home, the courier will try to leave your parcel in a safe place or with your neighbour.
Popular questions about Pretty Little Thing
Where is Pretty Little Thing based?
Pretty Little Thing is based in Manchester, UK. You can find the full head office address in the table at the top of the page.
What courier do Pretty Little Thing use?
Pretty Little Thing mostly uses Hermes as their courier.
The Pretty Little Thing returns policy is:
- Items have to be returned within 14 days of the date shown on the dispatch note.
- The items have to be unworn and unwashed.
- Refunds cannot be given on swimwear and pierced jewellery if the hygiene strip is not in place.
- Shoes have to have been tried on indoors.
- Items must have all the tags attached.
- Free returns are available for UK customers but you must retain proof of postage.
Refer a Friend Scheme
You can refer a friend to shop at Pretty Little Thing. Your friend will get 20% off their purchase and for every friend you refer, you will be given a £5 voucher.
Students can get 20% discount on their purchases at Pretty Little Thing. This is in conjunction with Unidays- sign up to instantly verify your student status using your university email address.
As Pretty Little Thing is constantly growing, they are always looking for talented people to join the team. Vacancies are usually advertised directly on the website and on LinkedIn.
Benefits of joining Pretty Little Thing as an affiliate:
- Earn up to 7% commission on every sale which is generated.
- Opportunities for exclusive offers/partnerships.
- Fresh and exciting banners.
- Cookie length of 30 days.
- Track your results and maximise revenue.
- Receiving regular communication on the latest trends.
- Monthly newsletters so you are up to date on the latest offers/collections.
Pretty Little Thing FAQs
Which payment methods do Pretty Little Thing accept?
Pretty Little Thing accepts Paypal, Visa Debit, Solo, Maestro and Electron.
Can I change or cancel my order?
It's not possible to change or cancel your order once you have placed it, as the team in the warehouse will begin processing it straightaway.
Does Pretty Little Thing offer exchanges?
Pretty Little Thing does not offer exchanges. You must return an item and place a new order.
What do I do if I receive a faulty item?
You must return the faulty goods within 30 days of receiving them.
How long does the returns process take?
PLT aims to process your return as soon as possible, but during busy periods it can take up to 21 days.
What methods can I use to return an item?
You can return via Collect+, Doddle or Royal Mail. You can also use the Hermes collection service, or ToYou at Asda.
Why can't I find an item I saw on the TV advert?
Items which have been featured in advertising campaigns are often very popular, so may sell out quickly. PLT advises that you keep checking the back in stock page.
I'm a blogger and I want to collaborate with PLT...how do I contact them?
The company advises that you fill in a contact form with your name and blog, using press/marketing as your enquiry type. If you are successful, you will be contacted in due course.
About Pretty Little Thing
Pretty Little Thing was founded back in 2012 in Manchester, in the UK, by two brothers- Umar and Adam Kamani. The two brothers already had links to the fashion industry, as their father is the director of Boohoo, a fellow fashion retailer and their uncle owned a textile mill.
Pretty Little Thing began as a website supplying purely accessories, but the brothers soon identified a gap in the market for fast, affordable fashion for girls who shop on a regular basis. Since then, the company has become a forward facing fashion brand, who aim to bring the latest styles to women. Since the inception, the company has grown massively. The brand takes inspiration from the catwalks and celebrities, creating trends rather than waiting for them to emerge.
The company currently has websites which specifically target the UK and Ireland, but they deliver to Europe and the rest of the world. Founder Adam also recently moved to New York to look at bringing the brand into the USA market.
TheFuss.co.uk is not part of Pretty Litle Thing or BooHoo.com. Calling the number above will cost 7p per minute, plus you regular service charge. Please ensure you have asked the bill payer for permission before calling.