Sick of using foot files and creams on the hard skin on your feet to no avail and a lot of effort? The Footner Exfoliating socks could be just the thing you need instead.
Reveal softer feet that are free from dead skin by simply wearing a pair of socks and watch how your dead skin literally peels off your feet.
It’s incredibly gross to witness, but the effects are too good not to try these socks.
Table of Contents
What do they do?
- Reduces hard skin and cracked heels with one application
- Removes unwanted dead skin from your feet
- No cutting and no scrubbing
- Incredibly easy to use
All you have to do is pop these socks on for 60 minutes, they suggest applying petroleum jelly to the tops of your feet to avoid unnecessary skin shedding here, and wait for the magic to happen. The next couple of days you’ll find yourself questioning whether these exfoliating socks have actually even done anything but be patient.
After a few days your feet will go very dry, and then all of a sudden your feet will start to shed the dead skin. And it’ll just keep peeling off. Try to wear socks or slippers around the house, otherwise, you’ll find dead skin everywhere and even though your skin might seem dry, avoid using moisturisers during the exfoliation process as this may reduce the effect of the product.
It can take between 7 and 10 days for the exfoliation process to complete itself, but in some cases, it can last up to 14 days. Don’t worry, all that skin shedding will be worth the end result.
See my personal process below. Be prepared for some very unsightly images too, I’m sorry, but the Footner exfoliating socks are definitely worth it.
Before my feet were hard and rough with cracks starting to appear on my heels. I also suffered a blood blister after running on my right toe, which you can make out in the image.
Wearing the extremely attractive Footner socks. After this I wore a pair of my normal socks over them, just so I could walk around the house, otherwise they'd be flapping everywhere. In the instructions you're advised to remove any nail varnish beforehand, I didn't, but when I took the socks off I could see why they said to remove it. The Footner product has started to remove the varnish on my toes, which only meant I had to remove it all in the end anyway.
For the first couple of days afterwards my feet felt extremely tight and dry, but I resisted the urge to apply any creams for fear that it might interfere with the exfoliation process. Then on day four my feet started to peel, looking like this.
Then after a week my feet looked like this, not ideal, but it's not too bad during winter when you've generally got your feet bundled up in cosy socks. Footner say that you shouldn't pick at the skin, becuase you might peel skin that isn't ready to come off yet. But it certainly takes a lot of control to leave your feet alone when they look like this.
Although the process may not be the most pleasant to look at, the results are definitely worth it.
Little effort, leaves skin incredibly soft, removes all traces of dead skin, even works on calluses
Exfoliating socks – do they work?
In short, yes. And with little effort too. Simply pop your feet into these socks for an hour and let the magic happen. Whilst the process of dead skin removal might not be the prettiest thing in the world, the results are definitely worth it.
After a week of shedding dead skin on your feet like a snake, you’re left with beautifully soft and supple tootsies that you’ll be happy to show off in sandals or heels.
Footner Exfoliating Socks best price
The Footner socks are available from Boots for £19.99, and considering they’re a single use product they are quite expensive, but they’re definitely worth the money.
How to use the socks
Remove any products such as nail polish from your feet prior to use.
- Using scissors, cut the plastic sock along the indicated line.
- Slip the plastic Footner Exfoliating Socks over your feet and use the adhesive strap (sticker near the front of the sock) to close the top of the Footner Exfoliating Sock. Slip your own socks over the Footner Exfoliating Socks for a comfortable fit.
- The Footner Exfoliating Socks should be worn for 60 minutes for the product to work effectively. We recommend you set a timer/alarm to ensure the correct length of use.
- After 60 minutes remove the socks and wash your feet with warm water to remove the remaining gel.
- 1 - 7 days after application the hardened and dead skin will begin to peel from your feet. The peeling process should end within 10 days* after application. Do not forcefully remove the skin when peeling process starts as it may damage the underlying skin.