Jamie Dornan has ruled out working on another Fifty Shades of Grey film as he admits that he’s ‘finished with it’.
Breathe a sigh of relief as you can still expect to see him in Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed, but he won’t be starring in any other film follow-ups.
The 34-year-old told The Sun newspaper: We have done two movies back to back now, and I'm actually finished with it. I've done 'Fifty Shades...' forever.
"I move on very fast in my mind. As much as from the outside people think you are synonymous with one character, but I'm very much like, 'Right, that's done' and move on to the next project and worry about that character."
Filming on the second and third film has just recently wrapped, but rumours of a fourth instalment are circulating, but it appears Dornan won’t reprise the role of Christian Grey. The film is rumoured to be an adaptation of Grey, the first story followed from Grey's perspective.
The first blockbuster hit the big screen last year and pulled in $571 million (£425.85 million) worldwide.
Table of Contents
You might also like: 2017 movies we’re already excited for
Reprising the role of Christian Grey
Speaking of playing the role for the second time, Dornan told ET Online that he felt more comfortable the second time around.
“There was a lot of pressure the first time. I think when you’re making the first film of any franchise there is a lot of pressure in terms of setting a tone and the way it’s shot and the way it’s played and finding your feet with it.
“It was very strange that I came into that job six weeks before they started filming, which is totally unheard of in a franchise of that size - and not the way you want to go into any job, really.
“This time, I felt I had a lot more time on my hands. And the pressure seemed to be off a bit with every department because the first one made so much money. Everyone was in a better place about it. So it was definitely a better experience.”
And addressing those rumours about whether or not we’re going to see him full frontal nude?
“The truth is that I don’t know the answer to that. You’ll have to wait and see.”
You might also like: Fifty Shades of Grey scenes Brits are recreating
The first film in the franchise was struck with plenty of negativity when it was slammed by film critics and then a feud broke out between writer E.L. James and director Sam Taylor-Johnson.
The 49-year-old filmmaker quit the franchise and has been replaced by James Foley as a result of the bitter war of words but Jamie can understand why the author - whose real name is Erika Mitchell - wanted to have input into the movies.
He explained: "There are pressures involved with everyone making a movie of this scale. Not just, Sam and Erika, everyone is feeling the pressure. Everyone is trying to complete their role as best they can. For Erika these are her babies, these mean more than her to anyone else.
"There is pressure making these movies. Sometimes you need a bit of angst and pressure to make things happen."
You might also like: Biggest on-set celebrity bust-ups
In addition to Dornan and Dakota Johnson reprising their roles as Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele in Fifty Shades Darker, it also introduces Kim Basinger as Elena Lincoln and Bella Heathcoate as Leila.
Fifty Shades Darker is scheduled to open in theatres on Feb. 10, 2017. Fifty Shades Freed, the final film in the franchise, will premiere in theatres a year later.